Tuesday, September 29, 2009

We can do it!

Best. Poster. Ever.
That's me making a muscle after another full day of labeling, and I'm threatening you to drink local with my big guns. Today it was 10 palates = 560 cases = 6,720 bottles of Wiemer's 2007 Chardonnay. The best part was that the labeler was on its best behavior and we hardly had to fix any labels. Even when we did the labels peeled off much easier than the Riesling ones - YAY. I went on a little field trip today to get more glue for the boxes at the "Mennonite store," which is a farmer supply store. There are a lot of Mennonites here. They look like regular people but they ride around in horse-drawn carriages - for serious. The carriages look like a cross between the horse-and-buggies in Central Park and the pedi-cabs in midtown. I hear one going down my block every morning around 7:30am. I guess the Mennonites are not about being flashy or something. I wonder if those things are heated... or do they not believe in heat either? I'll have to explore this further. Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment