Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chasing rainbows


I got out of work a little early today since we didn't pick grapes because of the weather. As I was driving I saw the most incredible rainbow! I pulled over to get a better look but this shot was the best I could get. I drove on to see if I could get a better view that included the lake and then I saw 2 rainbows side by side! Amazing - don't think I'd ever seen that before. I was on my way to Anthony Road, a winery on (take a guess?) Anthony Road and Rt 14. We often recommend this one to people who visit Wiemer and want suggestions going north, so I figured I'd take the opportunity to check them out before closing. I wanted to try their '08 Gewurz specifically since I had just had Wiemer's '08 Gewurz. On comparison both of these were really pretty and I'd drink either in a heartbeat. It would be interesting to taste them blind side by side because I noticed many of the same characteristics. If I could just get my hands on another bottle of Wiemer's...

2 comments:

  1. I assume you have seen this video....

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/04/hilarious-hiker-guy-freak_n_634861.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar reaction... just kidding!

    ReplyDelete