Monday, September 28, 2009

My new weekend hangout

is behind this bar - or at one of our satellite stations further in the winery or outside on the patio. Working the tasting room you meet all kinds of people. A pharmacist helped me decide what to take for my allergies and in return I gave him biotech stock picks (and wine, obvi). I met a guy who rents buildings on the upper west side of Manhattan and I got his card in case I decide to return to that area. Mostly though I just love when people come in either already loving the wine at Wiemer or discovering it for the first time and saying it's the best they've had in the area. I had 2 couples come in and they said they never like the same wines. What one couple liked the other didn't and vice versa. That changed when they tried our 2007 Dry Riesling. Now they can finally share a bottle of something!

Saturday night after hours I had the chance to try the 2008 Gewurztraminer, which hasn't been released yet. What a beautiful wine this was... Most of the '08 releases should begin rolling out in November. The '08 Late Harvest Riesling is already out and people are loving it. It is really luscious and fruity with a nice acidity. Customers over the weekend were buying it by the case!

Tomorrow I'm back in production. Hopefully we'll get a break from the rain so we can do more harvesting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment