Monday, September 14, 2009

It's all happening

I officially started my Wiemer wine adventure yesterday with a charity tasting in Cayuga Heights, just north of the Cornell campus. I have no clue what the charity was for but people loved the wines! I poured the 2007 Dry Riesling and 2007 Gewurz. It was nice to be back in Ithaca for the afternoon, and on my way home I was driving on a really fun bumpy road into the sunset, thinking, when did I ever notice the sky in Manhattan? The sunset followed with a beautiful starry night, and I saw a shooting star for the first time! I also got a lesson from a new friend on how to distinguish grape types by their leaves. So cool!
Today at Wiemer I put my muscles to work, moving cases of wine from here to there and learning how to work a palate jack to lift multiple cases at once. Tomorrow morning we're going to do some labeling in the morning and then visit a couple other wineries in the area as a group in the afternoon. I hope I'm able to lift my arms, at least enough to raise a wine glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment