Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Magdalena - what a hottie


Today we picked some Sauvignon Blanc (yes, we have 2 rows - who knew??) from Wiemer's Magdalena vineyard, which is the warmest vineyard site by about 5 degrees. Not that we could tell, because it was only about 40 degrees today. Tomorrow it's not supposed to get out of the 30's and there is snow in the forecast for tomorrow night! Thankfully I got out of work a little early today and was able to go shopping for warm clothes so I'll be ready for picking and sorting in freezing temperatures. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get a dull pair of shears so I can avoid "picking" another finger - my left pinky is still throbbing from today's mishap. Three of us have mistaken fingers for grapes in the last week, but we consider these minor injuries sacrifices to Bacchus, god of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment