Sunday, October 4, 2009

Harvest moon

The harvest moon is officially out! Last night it was so bold and bright that you could see moonshadows. What better timing for me to resume my production duties - particularly picking and sorting. I missed a couple days from being in the tasting room all weekend. Today we picked Chardonnay from HJW, the oldest Wiemer vineyard site. I picked for an hour this morning before working the tasting room for the rest of the day, and then I joined the production team this evening to sort the last batch of bunches. It started raining in the middle so we threw a huge tarp over the sorting line and continued under it. It was fun and the rain only lasted a little bit. The juice pressed for a while and we did some blind wine tasting, and now we're waiting to have a dinner that some culinary students are preparing for us at the winery. I can't wait to eat! Tomorrow we'll start picking the Riesling. We're going to be using a machine harvester so I am looking forward to seeing it in action. My job will be to run after it and cut off the bunches that get missed. So psyched!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment