Monday, June 28, 2010

So hot right now

Can the FLX get any better? The west side of Seneca Lake, with its many wineries dotting Route 14, now has its very own WIENERY, and it is just 5 minutes from HJW! I could not be more excited.


I have been driving by this property for a week waiting for the "Coming Soon" sign to read "Now Open" and today was the day. They serve 6 different types of hot dogs, including 2 varieties of Hofmann's from Syracuse. I got a Hofmann's White with a side of honey baked beans (which I then put on the dog) and it was delicious - salty, sweet, and a little spicy. They also have root beer on tap and Hershey's ice cream. This is going to be bad, having this wienery so close to the winery, and on my way home from work too...

1 comment:

  1. AH!!! I grew up on Hofmann! Dare I say it: it's the best grilled hot dog I've ever had....plus you topped it with baked beans, which probably made it even more divine (I would have done the same.)! Sounds like you had a great Monday! I'll have to check out the wienery (it WOULD be called that) next time I'm out that way!! Take Care, Nora

    ReplyDelete