Friday, August 14, 2009

I heart cupcakes and wine

Last night I attended a dream event in Manhattan hosted by Swirl Events and Nine Cakes - a cupcake and wine tasting. This could not have been a more perfect event for me since I LOVE cupcakes (and wine, obvi). The combos were surprising but amazing: sparkling white + carrot cake cupcake; Portuguese indigenous white blend + coconut cupcake; Argentine Torrontes + orange blossom cupcake; Australian Shiraz/Viognier combo + red velvet cupcake.

All the wines were dry or off-dry and complemented the cupcake flavors beautifully. I tried all the combos twice just to make sure of this. Thanks to Swirl Events and Nine Cakes for a fabulous night of wine and cupcakes!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you loved the event! More of these events coming up. Check www.swirlevents.com for the september one!

    ReplyDelete