Saturday, February 8, 2014

"Tuesday night" wine... on a Friday

This past Friday we hosted a wine tasting of "Tuesday night" wines - inexpensive (under $20), easy-drinking wines that you can reach for on a random night for any occasion or lack thereof. My go-to choice is the Marques de Caceres Rioja, which I have written about before.  I probably drink a bottle of this every other week. We shared it with our group to rave reviews. You can't beat the price ($10.99 at Trader Joe's) and the consistency. 


Highlights from our guests:
Super excited to have Txakoli in America! This pink Ameztoi is under $10 and has the classic refreshing crispness of this coastal Spanish/Basque wine with the salty finish, bringing me back to our recent trip.


A couple years ago at a Beaujolais tasting I was disappointed by the category and wrote it off, but I actually really enjoyed this Domaine de Colette Beaujolais-Villages, with its earthy, minerally subtle fruit flavor.

Another Spanish wine, this Volver 100% Tempranillo from La Mancha, Spain, stood up well next to my Marques.

What's your favorite "Tuesday night" wine?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the great recommendations! We are now hooked on the Marques de Caceres Rioja and look forward to trying the other "Tuesday night" wines.

    ReplyDelete