Monday, April 26, 2010

That girl is poison


Well last week we had bud break, a bit earlier than expected and a bit unnerving since the threat of frost in the FLX still looms. But still, it is exciting since it means that soon we will have new growth. We're preparing the vineyards for flowering, and lucky me, I took home a little poison ivy as a souvenir. Since at Wiemer we don't use herbicides it can get a little wild out there, but I didn't think anything was really sprouting yet since nothing is green. Silly me - the poison ivy is red; I should have noticed it. Oh well - now I know. It's not so bad, just on my forearms since the rest of me was pretty covered and I was wearing gloves. I saw a snake too, but I'm way over that already.

5 comments:

  1. Love the post title! Sorry you are itchy :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. No post in 4 days. Are you still ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm alive - still itchy though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw, when did Wiemer stop using pesticides?

    ReplyDelete
  5. About 5-6 years ago they stopped using herbicides and insecticides. They still use organic fungicides like sulfur and copper.

    ReplyDelete