Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hotelie Dinner

Last night I attended a student-run dinner at Taverna Banfi in the Statler Hotel at Cornell University with Fred and Oskar. It was a 3-course dinner featuring Wiemer wines as part of a restaurant management course in the School of Hotel Administration. The students were very professional and did a great job executing the dinner. The pairing was delicious, starting with the 2003 Blanc de Noir + cheese course and followed by this lineup:


These 2 Rieslings are among my favorite Wiemer wines, but I particularly appreciated the Pinot Noir + lamb pairing, and I don't think I've ever enjoyed that wine as much as I did last night. Special thanks to Fred and Oskar for taking me to the dinner and to the HA 3305 class for a memorable dining experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment